The Oil for Keto Diet
When health and lifestyle advocate Gwyneth Paltrow practise and recommends keto diet to shed pounds, you know you have to jump on the bandwagon.
Keto diet essentially revolves around the principle of consuming low carbohydrates, medium protein and high fat intake. By adhering to this, the body is sent into a state called ketosis where ketones, produced by the liver, are used to burn fat.
Enter Virgin Coconut Oil – most of us are aware of its multifaceted benefits from hair to teeth by now. Another gain you can add to the list is the wonders it works on a keto regime. How and why you ask? Well, among its many distinct properties, the virgin coconut oil comprises medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). Our liver thrives on MCTs and in result, converts it to ketones for rapid energy.
Dubbed as one of the world’s healthiest fats, the pairing of MCT and lauric acid produces wonderful energy and health benefits. Granted, the thought of consuming oil and fat goes against everything we are taught, but, it boils down to choosing quality – pure fats, like the virgin coconut oil, olive oil, avocados, nuts, grass-fed meat and etc.
Incorporate the authentic, extra virgin, cold pressed coconut oil in salads, curries, stir-fries and so many more. Regardless whether you’re a keto practitioner or not, add a dose of goodness through the virgin coconut oil.
Here are some quick and easy Keto Friendly Recipes for making the perfect Coconut Oil Fat Bombs!
1. Coconut Oil Fat Bomb by 5 Minute Life
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a pan over low heat, melt the coconut oil and add the honey.
- Whisk and add the cocoa powder.
- Whisk occasionally while pouring into a silicone ice cube tray or silicone mini muffin tray.
- Let cool for 30 minutes in the fridge or freezer.
- Makes approximately 12 fat bombs.
- Enjoy and remember to share!
2. Coconut Fat Bombs by Keto Connect
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 20 drops Liquid Stevia
- Add coconut oil to a large mixing bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds to melt.
- Add stevia and coconut milk to the warm coconut oil. Mix to combine.
- Lastly, add coconut flakes and mix.
- Pour into fat bomb molds and place in the freezer for 1 hour. Enjoy!
- These fat bombs are best kept in the freezer.
3. Blackberry Coconut Fat Bombs by Low Carb Yum
- 1 cup coconut butter see note for how to make homemade
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries can use raspberries or strawberries if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon SweetLeaf stevia drops add a bit more for sweeter taste
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place coconut butter, coconut oil and blackberries (if frozen) in a pot and heat over medium heat just until well combined.
- In a food processor or small blender, add coconut oil mix and remaining ingredients. Process until smooth. NOTE: Separation may occur if coconut oil mixture is too hot. If using fresh berries, there is no need to cook them with the coconut oil and butter.
- Spread out into a small pan lined with parchment paper (I used 6×6-inch container)
- Refrigerate one hour or until mix has hardened.
- Remove from container and cut into squares.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
To make coconut butter, place about 2 cups unsweetened dried coconut flakes into food processor and process until butter forms (about 7-8 minutes).0.8g net carbs
The amount of berries can be increased for a sweeter and more intense berry taste.